Wednesday, October 6, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge

What better way to start a blog then with a 30-day blog challenge?

Day 1: Your Favorite Song

I have two that fit this category:

The first is my current favorite song which is "As She's Walking Away" by the Zac Brown Band. I love the ZBB period - they have quickly become one of my all-time favorite bands. This song doesn't really have any special meaning to me, but I really enjoy the harmony and the clever lyrics. Plus, it's a song I am happy to have stuck in my head all day long. Great song.

My all-time favorite song is probably "Rain King" by Counting Crows. That song makes me feel good to sing it, plus I have happy memories that come to mind when it plays.

When I asked Cory about his favorite song, he said "Today by The Smashing Pumpkins . . . because today is always the greatest day I’ve ever known." Isn't that wonderful? I love that attitude. :) He's such a music lover, so when I say his favorite song, you know it's probably a good one.

Nora's favorite song is probably "If You're Happy and You Know It" or "3 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". But if you ask me - overall, she has excellent music taste. She moves her head and dances around to all different kinds of songs. One that comes to mind is "Birthday" by The Beatles. If she hears music playing anywhere in the house, she stops everything to listen. Particularly if it's a song she likes. She is definitely a musically-inclined kid, and it will be very interesting to see where that takes her in life.

Until next time . . .

No comments: