Sunday, October 10, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - Your favorite Quote

I have a list of favorite quotes on my Facebook page. These two mean a lot to me recently:

"He fought the real battle in the tunnel alone, before he ever saw the vast danger that lay in wait." --The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
I love this quote because: isn't that the truth?? Think about what goes through your mind when you are about to get a shot or get blood drawn. I don't know about you all, but I have to mentally ready myself for it. I love how this quote expresses how important mental preparedness is to any huge endeavor.


"At the end of the day, all you really own is your integrity." --One Tree Hill
I just head this the other night, and I was excited because this is something I have been trying to put into words myself for a LONG time. I usually end up saying: "At the end of the day, you have to be happy with who you are and the choices you have made." Sometimes it's hard for me to accept things the way they are in my life (admittedly to both my benefit and my detriment) and this quote helps me remember what's important. You have to be able to be happy when you look yourself in the mirror each day.

Until next time . . .

No comments: