Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 25

Day 25 - Your Day, In Great Detail

Woke up at 7:45 (BLISS!) Took a shower. Got out of shower and playfully asked my husband where he slept last night (he fell asleep on the couch playing video games!!) He laughed and laid down to go back to sleep on the bed.

Went to get up Nora, changed her diaper. Fed her a banana and cereal bar for breakfast, and took my pills. Made 2 eggs for Cory and I, and double fiber toast for me. Ate with the family.

Went to blow-dry my hair while Cory cleaned Nora up. Nora ran into the bathroom with her Halloween costume on and said "Heyyyy!!" Came out to the living room with Nora, took off her costume so she wouldn't ruin it before trick-or-treating, and made coffee and played with Nora. Drank the coffee while checking my email. Sat on couch for awhile and continued to drink coffee. Said bye to Cory when he left to go the firehouse and played more with Nora. Started a load of laundry and re-set what was in the dryer.

Put Nora down for a nap at 9:30. Went to fold laundry, but she was crying. Went in to see her - she had lost the binky. Gave it back to her and she went to sleep. I folded laundry and put some of it away. Called to see if my hairstylist had an appointment left for today. She did not, so I scheduled one for Tuesday. Researched possible new hairstyles online. Found out that the "virtual makeover" websites are pretty useless.

Cleaned out my purse and packed it up for running errands. Flat-ironed my hair and finished putting on make-up. Got dressed. Picked out clothes for Nora to wear today.

Sat down to update my Weight Watchers online and start writing this. Wrote all the way up until this point and saved it. :)

Nora woke up (crying and cranky) and got her ready to go run errands. We went to the bank to deposit money, and then went to Subway for lunch. Nora had a deli turkey and I had a chicken breast salad. Then we walked to Wal-Mart, Nora trying very hard to point out all the letters she saw as we went (they were all letter E). At Wal-Mart we got about a million things. :) Nora made friends with a girl at the fabric counter, and said "hi" to everyone. It was busy! We saw Ms. Marilyn on the way out and stopped to chat. Then we went to the Chef Shoppe to look for a Christmas present. After that we went to Target and walked all over looking for a Woolite rug stick, which we finally found after I gave up looking for it!

We drove through the major traffic on Main Street, due to trick or treating. Nora made it home just in time to fall asleep for a nap. I unpacked everything, went to the bathroom, updated Weight Watchers online, and updated this entry! Then I laid down to take a nap, but really ended up just getting caught up on my DVR-ed T.V.

Nora woke up after a few hours in a great mood, so we each had a snack and she played for awhile. I got her ready to go outside and play and we went outside to play. She played in the yard for a little bit, and then we walked over and talked to Kara and Brayden and Adam. Then we went and talked to Natalie and Nathan. Then we came back to our yard and played outside. I came in to make dinner and cleaned up while dinner thawed.

Then I cooked dinner for everyone. I thought I ruined it because I broiled fish for the first time. Usually I fry it in a pan or bake it in the oven, but broiling it seemed to be the option of choice on all the recipe sites. It ended up being pretty good! I also steamed some broccoli, made Nora a grilled ham and cheese, and thawed some home-made chili for Cory and I that I froze about a month ago. YUM!

We cleaned up and got ready to go Trick-or-Treating! Nora was a duck this year. :) She was VERY cute - although at first she was kind of warm in her outfit because who expected Halloween to be so warm?? Anyway, we got her loaded up in the wagon and took her around to all the neighbors that we know and went “around the block” visiting other folks we know and some we didn’t. Then we came back to the house and Nora had her first sucker and “helped” us hand out candy. She almost got trampled by a hoard of kids at one point, but it was OK. We came in when we ran out of candy and helped her get ready for bed. Then we snuggled on the couch for a little bit.

Nora and daddy went to bed at about 8:30 (Cory has to work tomorrow). I went next door to have a few beers with the neighbors. I think I must be up to about 20 Weight Watchers points since Trick-or-Treating started . . .

And that’s my day. GOOD NIGHT!

Until next time . . .

No comments: