Saturday, May 14, 2011

Update on "The Great Reorganization"

I was thinking the other day that what I should REALLY call "The Great Reorganization" is "Pre-Nesting". I'm not pregnant right now as far as I know, but the last time I was this serious about organizing, I was pregnant. It's gone that far folks!

If you remember my post on my reorganization, I said that my process is four-fold:
1.) Clean out, purge, and reorganize every cabinet and closet in my house. (April) - CHECK!
2.) Clean out, purge, and reorganize the basement. (May)
3.) Clean out, purge, and reorganize the guest room. (May)
4.) Yard Sale and Goodwill Donation (First week in June)

I have done step one. Now I have skipped step two and have moved right along to step three. :) I didn't do this intentionally, but I am pretty glad I did. Now that I have moved things around, the guest room is officially YARD SALE CENTRAL! Woo hoo. I have started the process of moving things into that room to price.

Yeesh. It's a lot of hard work. But you know what Thomas Edison said:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. (In my case, it's dressed in sweatpants and a "mommy" haircut.)

Anyway, I have already sold two things that NEEDED to go. I listed our old stove and hood and our old washer on Craigslist at 10 p.m. Sunday night - both for very fair prices - and they were gone by 2:30 the next day. It's so odd to have room in our garage!

Now comes the little stuff . . . and there is a lot of it! Wish me luck . . . and if Cory thinks about filing a "missing persons report" in the next few days, remind him that it's possible that I might be buried underneath all the junk in the guest room.

Until next time . . .

No comments: