Monday, May 23, 2011

Nora's 21 Month Update

The next few weeks will be busy for us, so I thought I would post Nora's 21-month update a few days early.



She is such a little girl! Very mature for her age. She talks very well, and talks often in sentences. One of her favorite things to tell me when I call her name is "Ok, mommy! I'm COMMMMMMMMIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!" :) She also has started to say "help you" (instead of "help me") when she needs help. Everything that comes out of her mouth sounds like she's so excited, and when you leave for five minutes and then return, she acts like you have been gone forever! She's very sweet, and will give everyone hugs and kisses, high fives, or "knucks".



One funny thing that Nora did this month happened when we were coming out of church a few weekends ago. She saw our loaner car across the parking lot and said: "Mommy, blue car!" So I told her "Yes, that's our blue car." She started running to it and yelling "WAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIT CAR! Wait blue car!" - Like it was going somewhere without us! :) Another way she makes us laugh is by singing songs or "reading" her books. (If you haven't seen her sing her ABC's yet, check out the video here.) This month she cracked me up when she sang: "Tinkle, tinkle, little star." She's so funny and consistently is making us laugh.



Potty training is going well! We are using wayyyy less diapers than we ever have, and I have introduced pull-ups. She keeps her pull-ups pretty dry, so if she continues to do that then we will try underwear. I read a book on 3-day potty training, so who knows! - maybe we will try it. :) I think she's about ready. She does so well most of the time.



She still only has the 8 teeth (two on top, two on bottom, and 4 molars) and her top two are crawling in at a snail's pace like the others did. It's odd since all her peers have so many teeth that she only has the 8, but I am not worried. They are just coming in on their own time!

That's about it I think. Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Bags4Bubbles said...

She's adorable, Leah! Congrats on the potty training, hope it continues to go well! I can't believe how much they change over the course of a year!