Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts

This year I am a little late on posting what I gave the moms in our life for Mother's Day. The reason is because I was kind of late giving the gifts. I didn't want to rush through finishing them just so they would be on time, so the moms got their gifts on Wednesday and Thursday this past week. I was doing so good at being on time with all my handmade gifts this year . . . and then I fell behind. Ah well, can't win 'em all!

Anyway, if you have a toddler in your home, you likely have a lot of drawings that look like this:

I really wanted to use them to create something great from my mom and MIL. So, I cut the drawings into flower shapes, and came up with this:

I spray-painted small flower pots and glued three mini-clothespins inside. I stuffed the pots with pink filler paper, and then clipped the flowers on the clothespins, along with some leaves Nora made. I also added "mimi" and "nana" to the fronts of each individual pot. I think they turned out cute . . . even if they were a little late. :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: