Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Dream Date

This Saturday Cory and I found ourselves without Nora, and with a tax return check that we have been trying not to spend. So on the way to drop Nora off, Cory asks me: "What would you like to do tonight?" And, being me, I sighed and said in my dreamiest voice: . . . .

. . . "Fabric store."

In the town where I live, there are no fabric stores, unless you count Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has some good stuff, but it's usually not really what I am looking for. This is all OK because if I had the chance I would likely buy lots of fabric, and then just look at it. I have a frustratingly finicky sewing machine. My fabric projects involve glue and staples most of the time.

Anyway, I had been wanting fabric for various projects for awhile now, and we actually had time and money for it, so I thought I would just do my best with my crazy sewing machine . . . FABRIC STORE!

We also went out to eat at a great steak place, and attempted to see a movie too, FYI. I am not a total dud on a Saturday night. :)

While shopping for fabric I saw some that instantly reminded me of Nora, and I picked up a yard. It was white flannel with different colored kitties all over it. I had no idea what I was going to make her with this fabric, but later I decided to make her a couple of kitty throw pillows.

. . . Which turned into ONE kitty pillow. My sewing machine frustrated me to the point where I made a lot of mistakes and some of the fabric got ruined. I used an entire yard of fabric for one small pillow:


You can't see it in the picture, but the stitching is not good. There was also supposed to be contrast stitching, and two small baby kitty pillows in my original plan. Instead there is just this. She likes it anyway, but it's not really what I wanted to do for her.

I think it's time to call in the sewing machine repair folks. Anyone know of a place that does it?

Until next time . . .

No comments: