We had one (super-duper) nice Saturday left before Nora was slated to start preschool. ONE. So I
totally freaked out and decided that I would take her on the ONE "long" journey we had left on the Bucket List - a trip to the Museum of Transportation.
Lately Nora is a little obsessed with Thomas the Train. For her birthday she is getting the two things she asked for: "more of Thomas' Friends" (specifically James and Percy), and "the Island of Sodor" - in the form of this underbed train table that I got very new-looking for a STEAL of a deal on Craigslist. So a trip to a place where she could ride on and climb through trains sounded like lots of fun - as long as it wasn't 100 degrees! :) The day we set out it was 78 - perfect! - and I started off by giving Nora a special pink train shirt to wear on her outing.
While there, we rode the small train, rode a tram, climbed through boxcars and locomotives, and rode a trolley before having lunch and heading home. Nora's favorite train was probably the "Big Boy" locomotive - it had lots of knobs and dials to twist and turn. That place seriously wore us both OUT! Nora fell asleep in the car (a rarity nowadays) and I took a long nap when I got home as well. It was a fun trip!
NOTE: If you head to this place, GO ON A WEEKDAY where it's not hot. The "Creation Station" is mostly only open on the weekdays, and it would be a pretty miserable trip in the heat. When we go back, this is what we are doing!
Here are the photos from our trip:
An updated Bucket List . . .
1. Go to the museum of transportation
2. Build a swing set
3. Go to the pool at least ten times
4. Go to a baseball game
5. Go to a festival and ride rides
6. Go to the farmer’s market
7. Go to the library
8. Go to an outdoor movie (Hopefully this gets done soon)
9. Nora/Daddy Date to the zoo
10. PB and J Festival
11. Nora/Mommy Date to Splash City
12. Celebrate Dad’s 30th Birthday
13. Celebrate Nora’s 3rd Birthday (Next weekend!)
14. Meet Nora’s new cousin
15. See fireworks
16. Have a yard sale
17. Get new porches (Only one will probably get done this year, and we are working on it!)
18. Drink a fun fruity or coffee drink
19. Go get Snow-cones or Tropical Sno
20. Have a movie day with a fort and pillows in the living room
21. Pick out a baby crib
23. Visit all the grandparents (One down, three to go!)
25. Pick Nora’s preschool
26. Go to TWIST
27. Do something messy with three or more kids
28. Go to the beach at least five times
29. Go meet daddy for lunch
30. Go up in the arch
Until next time . . .