Monday, August 20, 2012

New Wall Decor

I decided that before the baby comes that my walls could use an update. I have been so busy rearranging everything in this house to fit another child and more recently I have been working to fill the downstairs room in a somewhat organized fashion since Kelsey moved onto campus. Nothing is organized quite the way it should be yet, but I am working on it. Nora going to preschool two mornings per week should help me get this house back into shape - at least, I hope! In the meantime, here are my two latest projects:

School Drop Zone
This is something I just started last weekend, and it's not quite done yet. I needed a place for my kid and babysitting kids to "drop" their school stuff off at. For my child (and future child) this will be our mudroom, so I went ahead and just set all the kids up in there. Like I said, it's not done, but it IS coming along:


So far I love it because it's VERY functional and helps all the kids that come through this house to have an "I-can-do-it" attitude. Plus, up until now, the kids didn't always know where their stuff was. Now that we have a spot for it all, that is not a problem!

I still need to get Cory to touch up the paint above on the wall and figure out what else we need there. I may buy one more set of hooks because Nora has about 352 jackets - and none of those are a current winter coat. And what if we have another girl??!! Yeesh. I am also thinking of adding either art or an art display board above this arrangement because the wall looks so bare. Time will tell what we need, I'm sure!

New Photo Wall Arrangement
I have had a photo bar up in my living room for years and years. This wall has looked a hundred different ways in that time - it never gets old!

From this:

To this:
To this:
To this:
And this at Christmas:
And this at Christmas!:
CIMG3245

And that's just what I have taken photos of - I am pretty sure there are a few ways that I have had it that I didn't photograph.

Anyway, it needed a change. Plus, I am getting ready for new newborn photos, family photos, and nephew photos too! This is what it is looking like at the moment:

I plan on taking off the chalkboard to use for smaller pictures and adding some horizontal frames to the shelf as well for MORE photos. I will change out my "maternity shots" to newborn photos as well. I like this design the best so far. :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: