Friday, January 14, 2011

What went on this week!

Gratuitous cute Nora pic!:
CIMG3397

Isn't she getting so big?! I cannot even describe for you her awesomeness.

This week has been relatively quiet thanks to the massive amounts of snow, so I have been using my free time to work on a few projects. Here's an updated project list:

1.) Recycled Spice Jars - almost finished
2.) Knit a second arm warmer (one completed). - second one 75% done thanks to Thursday Night Knit Night
3.) Color magnets for Nora. - the idea I had did not work. I may try something else, or not do these at all.
4.) Spring countdown blocks. - FINISHED! :)
CIMG3402
Aren't they neat? I made them "neutral" colors, if you will, so that I can countdown anything with these blocks. Also I saw some great January decor here and of course I went right out and bought some epsom salt to use as snow. It's SO CHEAP folks. Love, love it!
5.) Possibly a spring banner with some cutouts that I bought for a dollar at Michael's. - haven't started it yet. This is still a "maybe" project.
6.) Valentines. - haven't started yet.
7.) Flower pots for outside bench. - couldn't find flowerpots yet. :)
8.) Hopefully find cheap, cute fabric for book slings. - found some for Nora's room. I hadn't decided to make her any at all until I saw some perfect fabric at Wal-Mart. I hope to knock those out this weekend.

We hope to get some major work done on the mudroom this weekend. Cory will be flooring, and I will be cleaning up this little beauty:
CIMG3399
When trying to decide on what to do for storage, I remembered that we had this plant stand that the previous owners of our house left in the basement. Suddenly it went from "that rusty, useless plant stand that used to hold stuff in my art studio" to "that little beauty with hopefully hidden potential". :) Hopefully I am able to de-rust it, repaint it, and find some cute baskets to set on it. We'll see if it works out!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

I love all of your projects!! You are amazing!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm tired just reading this. Do you sleep? ;)