Wednesday, June 13, 2012

20 Week Update - "The Baby Files"

How far along? 20 weeks tomorrow

Maternity clothes? Of course. Recently I got some fall stuff on discount. Score!

The belly progress:

Sleep: Still sleeping well. This baby usually wakes up right as I am ready to sleep, so sometimes it's hard to fall asleep. It woke me up once by kicking my hipbone! It feels very strong for only being 20 weeks.

Cravings: No big cravings to speak of, although today I was really wanting some Cinnabon.

Best moment this week: 20 week ultrasound, and feeling baby move a lot!

Movement: Lots! It comes in half hour long spurts.

Gender: Not finding out! I am now kind of convinced it's maybe a boy, but who knows. I was dead wrong with Nora! The general public is very divided.

Labor Signs: Ninguno, gracias a Dios!

What I miss: Nothing really. I wouldn't mind a Lime-A-Rita though. :)

Weekly Wisdom: I have now reached the point where losing this baby would no longer be a "miscarriage" but a "stillbirth". It's silly, but that actually comforts me just a little because I am not "at risk" for the latter.

What Stereotype I Embody: Complain-About-Every-Little-Pain-I-Have, Cry-About-Every-Little-Thing-That-Makes-Me-Sad

What I Bought This Week: Some bottles, diaper trash bags for my dispenser, a little layette set. Also some Dr. Seuss stuff.

What I Checked off my To-Do List: The above-mentioned purchases. Also I may have found a rocking chair pad that I like. I need to look at cribs again and pick one out!

20 week Ultrasound Photos:

Heart Rate: 148


Little foot! Maybe this baby will fit into newborn booties! :)


Profile!

This ultrasound was normal except there is a possibility that this child has an echogenic bowel. It was questionable on the ultrasound - the ultrasound tech didn't even mention it, and my doctor was entirely unconcerned. However, we have another ultrasound in four weeks to check on it, so please be in prayer for that!

Until next time . . .

No comments: