Thursday, October 27, 2011

26-Month Update

So Nora is 26 months old. Here are some of her latest updates:

Last month I told you that she finally started cutting tooth number 9 on the upper right side. This month tooth number 10 appeared on the lower right, and I am fairly sure some are ready to pop through on the left as well. It has been pretty tough on Nora to cut these teeth so late, but the cool thing is that she can TELL US when her mouth is hurting, and point to exactly where! Try doing that when your 6-month old cuts their teeth folks. :) Anyway, I am just really happy that she HAS teeth to cut through. She has been chewing on her fingers a lot to alleviate the pain, and even chewed off her nail polish, poor girl!

(Side note: We were talking to her about how the baby girl that I care for has no teeth, and Nora's responded with: "Like me!" :) )

She continues to talk really well. Her new cute word is "scroob". That is what she says every time she sees a "screw". :) She has also shortened every words she says to give everyone and everything a nickname: Mimi = Meem, blanky = blank, etc. It's been pretty funny to hear some of the things she comes up with. She also says "I'm sorry" for everything lately.

She loves the new van! She insists on getting in and out herself every time ("I hop in myself.") It sometimes takes us longer to get going depending on how quick she is about it, but I love watching her independent spirit at work. :)

Here are some pictures of her from this month . . .

Nora trying on her first pair of cowgirl boots, from Aunt Barbie:

In her element . . .

In her OTHER element . . .

Uh, Nora in her OTHER OTHER element? :)

Nora and dad:

Nora and mom:

At the park, can't see the new teeth yet though!

Determination/independence of a two year old + no teeth =

Love this little girl! :)


Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I'm your newest follower...loving your blog! Nora is a beautiful little girl!