Monday, August 29, 2011

24 Month Update - 2 Years Old!

This past month Pampers sent me an email saying that Nora has been upgraded from "Toddler" to "Preschooler". I wanted to bawl my eyes out!

Here are Nora's 2 Year Old "Stats":
*Tall for her age
*almost 30 pounds exactly
*Still only 8 teeth - two on top, two on bottom, and four molars.

She goes to the doctor for her check-up mid-September, so we will have full stats then. We will also find out if she needs to visit a pediatric dentist to discover what is up with her teeth. I think she just doesn't have the buds for baby teeth. We shall see!

Nora just talks so well about everything. The other day, I was explaining to her how we were going to a birthday party that was NOT for her. I told her "You turned two, and -L- is three . . . " Her response? "And Daddy's four!" :) What a character. She also told me this month that she had to take her baby to the hospital because "she broke her head." She got that from watching TV, I'm sure! Also from TV: "Hola, I'm baby!"

Nora got a good lesson in sharing this past month. After a few weeks of it just being us, I have started babysitting and Nora has had to re-learn sharing all her toys. It was a tough process, but she's getting it faster than I hoped she would, so that's good. If she does attack one of her friends with a yell of "MINE!" I tell her to instead say "Happy to share!" Most of the time she repeats it back to me like sharing is the most miserable form of punishment I could have devised. :) But - she is doing it!

For her birthday she got some great new toys, including a child's MP3 player from her Nana. She loves instruments and also got a lot of those as well. Her Papa Don and BeBe got her another harmonica, and she loves to play it! In fact, one night when I thought Nora was asleep in bed, I heard the sound of it coming from her room. :)

Her hair is starting to get pretty long again, and I am torn over whether or not to go get it cut. I told her she didn't have to get it cut as long as she lets me do it in the mornings, and so far, so good! Her hair is thinner than I thought it would be, so maybe she won't have thick hair like her momma! Who knows.

Here are some photos of Nora this past month:
Coloring while her daddy worked on the 9-11 Memorial Garden:


Holy moly, she looks so old in this picture we took for Papa Don!!


Cheese! Nice eyes Nora!


Until next time . . .

PS - In case anyone is interested, a wreath I made via this tutorial was featured today on another blog called Gluesticks! I was so shocked to see that this morning. Kind of a neat thing for me, that has never happened before!! :) Thanks for the mention!

No comments: