Tuesday, August 2, 2011

23 month upate (LATE!)

Oh, by the way, Nora is 23 months!! :) She has the longest legs, and talks so much about the funniest things. We could listen to her talk and sing all day long! She still loves to sing and dance, and also loves any opportunity to get wet or messy. She's doing great on the potty, and will go days without accidents before having 2 or 3 on the same day. We think she might have had a growth spurt this month. She slept a lot and ate a lot!

Common Nora-isms:

"Toe-a-wee!" (Totally!)
"It's be-youuuuuuuuuuu-tee-ful! I wuv it!" (It's beautiful! I love it!)
"Watch tee-bee?" (Watch TV?)
"Put on my jammie-jams!" (Pajamas)
"Jumpy-jumpy!"
"I deenk milky." (I drink milk.)
"I woose it!" (I loose it.)
"Mower-sickle!" (Motorcycle)
She is famous for saying words with a p-sound to make them cuter, like "pa-na-na" (banana) and my favorite: "pock-a-dile" (crocodile).
Plus her Nana has taught her to say "I'm a mess!"


Her favorite thing to do lately is play "birthday party" with her pretend birthday cake and party hat. She also likes to make mommy lay down and put me to "sleep" by covering me up and patting my back. :) It's really nice to watch her play pretend lately. She also still loves to read books and right now her favorites are the "Knuffle Bunny" series. She has the first two books, and will be getting the third very soon (but don't tell her, OK?) :) We read all. the. time!!

Nora has been taking a Mom/Tot Gymnastics class this month. Besides being hilarious for mom, it's also been a lot of fun for Nora! We get Nora's nametag from the teacher, then we come in and stand on one of the dots that they have in a big circle on the performance floor area. Nora, however, never stands on her dot for very long because the first part of class is singing songs with the teacher - and Nora HAS to go dance in the middle of the circle instead of doing the hand movements and standing on her dot. (Which is funny, but at the same time I feel bad having THAT kid, lol. Luckily the teachers tell me it's OK because they want her to get moving anyway.) After about 2-3 minutes of this, they have free play - they can walk on the balance beams, jump on the trampolines, jump into this big foam pit, climb all over special mats set up for them, etc. Assistance is provided if needed. Then we go sing "Ring Around the Rosie" (Nora's new favorite song), get a stamp on their hand or foot, and then we are done. It's been a great class so far!

Here are some pics from gymnastics:








Until next time . . .

No comments: