Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nora's Birthday Shirt . . . and it may not fit her :)

Nora's birthday is coming up and I decided to make her a shirt. Mostly because Carter's can con me out of my twelve-or-so dollars for a birthday shirt Nora will wear for a week and then never put on again, unless I convince myself I can make something cuter. :)

Case and point, Nora's first birthday, a shirt from Carter's:

(Granted, first birthdays are different. Moving on.)

I decided to get my money's worth and make her birthday shirt out of a shirt she already has (lying in the bottom of her drawer.) I took a plain pink shirt, matched it up with some cute fabric and some Wonder Under I already had, and came up with an adorable shirt similiar to the ones I have seen all over blog-land:

I am pleased with how it turned out! Just what I was going for.

. . . BUT - it's a 24 month shirt, in a brand name that runs small. It's possible that this shirt may be a little short on my extra-tall little girl!! I know I should have tried it on her first to make sure, but we still have a month before the party - she could grow an inch before then anyway. So here's to hoping that it fits . . . otherwise I will be out buying a longer shirt to go underneath! :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: