Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mud Room Update

I have been trying to outline a post about El Salvador . . . but it's much harder than I thought. How do I express to you all what I saw and make you understand what's in my heart? . . . I am usually not this unsure about my writing. But I promise, I will get there soon.

Anyway, while I was working in El Salvador, my husband was also at work here: working on the mudroom that is. It worked out well that he would get to work on the floor, paint the trim, paint and hang the board for the hooks, and paint the cabinet while Nora was at my mom's house for a few days.

Anyway, he did an absolutely fantastic job! :) I thought I would share some photos of his hard work (please excuse the mess and the blue rug):

CIMG3652

CIMG3645

CIMG3649
You can see how yellow the old counter top looks - we are thinking of just replacing it. Does anyone have a better idea, or experience painting a countertop?

CIMG3651
I am seriously thankful for the floor. :)

Now all that's left is the decor and the organization of that room, and both will be jobs for me. I am still deciding on whether or not to paint the back wall with a design. I guess it depends on how quickly spring arrives. :)

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Wow! It looks great. What a good hubby!

justjen said...

I've seen people tile over laminate counter tops before, and have always been tempted to dig in and try it!