Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Before and After Series

When Cory and I were house-hunting almost 5 years ago, I had my camera with me. Not intentionally or anything, it was just a time in my life where I carried my camera with me in my purse at all times. Also a time where I got a lot of great photos of friends. :)

I was fortunate because when we went around with a realtor on the first day of house-hunting, we happened to look at the home that we are currently living in. We looked at it that first day, and then came back to look again at a later date. That second visit, I got permission to pull out the camera.

I am grateful that I did that because those shots help me see how much progress we have made. Not long ago, I shared some of that progress, and I have had a few requests to show more "before and afters" of our home. So I thought it might be fun to do a little "series" of before and after shots, and show you what we have done. BUT, before I start the series, I thought I should give you some background on our house to give you a general picture since most of you have never been here.



Our house is a one-level, 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. It has one large kitchen, dining room, living room area with large ceilings. It has a large basement that is currently unfinished, and a large fenced backyard. It was built in 2003 and had one previous owner.

Since our house was built fairly recently, most of it was in fantastic shape when we bought it. However, there were some parts of the house that were badly constructed. For example, 3 of the 4 rooms with tiled floors needed to be replaced due to the grout coming out and the tiles cracking (someone at some point tiled over vinyl flooring - the floor situation became dangerous when Nora started to crawl.) Also there was carpet in some impractical spots (such as right in front of the back door.) Also, the entire front yard still to this day needs some major TLC - there are lots of foot hazzards and the front porch is falling apart. Other than that, there is very little else that really needs done in this house. Since our house is a fairly recent build, the majority of it is serving us very well.

I truly am very satisfied and happy with where I live. I love our neighborhood, and our home is a cozy LIVE-able place. It's practical and comfortable, just like Cory and I. :) If I won something like 10 million dollars in the lottery, I am pretty sure I would like to stay (at least part of the time) in this house. It's a place that we have made into "home", and home is a great place to be!

Anyway, that's the rundown. Look for the first of the "Before and After" series coming this weekend! Also . . . Nora's 18 month update on Monday. :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: