Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gray's First Zoo Trip

Things I want to remember about this wonderful day that our family got to spend together at the St. Louis Zoo:

First of all, it was Gray's first trip! Of course, Gray does everything with a smile. :)

Secondly, I think it's fun to randomly mention that today Nora has been obsessed with the song "Home" by Philip Phillips. She had to hear it before we left, and again while we were at the zoo, then she sang it all afternoon, and played it again after we got home. She refers to it as the "ahhh-ah-a-a-ahh-ahh-ahhhhh" song. When we got home, she looked very seriously at her dad and said: "if you're lost, you can always be found." From now on when I hear that song, this day will come to mind!

Anyway, back to the zoo - Nora got to be an animal trainer at the Children's Zoo and use the clicker. She did really well!!

Another thing to remember is that we were at the zoo for SIX HOURS. From 10 a.m. to almost 4 p.m. I mention this because neither of my kids had a meltdown. Is that not amazing??!! Also, Gray spent all day in the stroller and though he was wiggly and probably bored, he was really very well behaved. They are seriously good kids.

Nora's favorite area was probably the butterfly tent. She was engrossed by this butterfly chart and did NOT want to give it back. I love watching her take such pleasure in learning.

Annnnnnd, we found all the animals on our checklist!!!! Neither Cory or I thought we would do it. :) This checklist was a lot of fun - I am glad I laminated it so we could use it again next time!

This is the end-of-day photo. We were overdue to spend some time together as a family, so this trip was good for us. What a wonderful day!

Until next time . . .

No comments: