Friday, August 30, 2013

Nora's "New" Room ... Again ...

"Wait ... didn't she just GET a new room?"

Yes. Yes she did. *Sigh.*

The one thing Nora wanted the most in her new room was a tent. So, if you recall, I got her one:


It was nine dollars on clearance at Michael's. I thought it was the deal of the century! It was the perfect color and looked like "play" quality. I was wrong. The thing fell apart. And then fell apart again! After the fifth time getting out the butterfly Duct Tape, it was tossed. Nora was disappointed, and so was I.

Originally she wanted this tent from Hearth Song. It was cute, but it was forty dollars! I thought about making a similar one, but I had a very limited amount of time to do this room project. So I nixed it and searched elsewhere. This past month I went to go check it out again to see if it was something I could make, and it was 50% off! Sold.

So, here it is in her "new again" room with a functional tent:

I had to move around some things to accommodate this corner tent (which meant more hole-filling and painting) but it all worked out in the end. Now I am wondering why I didn't just do this in the beginning! Nora loves it, and I am happy with it too. It really is a much better use of space.

Happy Birthday little Nora. :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: