Monday, April 23, 2012

Nora's 32-Month Update

Well, I thought I would do a little update on Nora since we have been so busy and I haven't for awhile!

The biggest news for her is that almost all of her teeth are IN! YAY! We are still waiting on her two-year molars, but all the front teeth have FINALLY made their debut. :) It's made for one great-looking smile:

She's just getting so BIG! She ends a lot of her sentences with the word "remember?", which is really cute (i.e. "Daddy's at work Mommy, remember?") She's also starting to walk by herself at the grocery store, which is a huge relief for her pregnant mommy who should not be lifting her! She's enjoying "playing sports" outside, and she's actually pretty good at it for her age. She plays t-ball and soccer with Mommy, Mimi, and Daddy, and is definitely more coordinated than I would have thought she would be. Her favorite thing to do outside is play with bubbles or in her sand table. Inside she likes to play with Legos, trains, Fisher-Price Snap-N-Style Dolls, Barbies, and blocks. When we are downstairs she enjoys "cooking" for me, playing with her tool bench, and jumping on her trampoline.

Almost every day she will come up to Mommy or Daddy and sing a song she learned on Wonder Pets:
"Little Pig, Little Pig, let me innnn!"
"Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!"
"Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house DOWWWWWWN!"
"Please don't!!"
(And then she takes a deep breath and blows!)

Right now she likes watching Dora, Diego, and Pocoyo when she gets to watch T.V. She is also learning to play with her friends a little more. Her and one of the girls I watch will often play the 2-year-old's version of Hide-N-Seek that goes something like this:
1.) One girl will tell the other to go hide.
2.) The one who was told to hide will go hide her face and start counting: "One . . . Two . . . Three! Here I commmmmmmme!"
3.) The other girl will realize she was supposed to be hiding and instead run around and say "AHHHHH!"
4.) They "catch" each other and start all over again. :)

Nora likes to have her friends play "chase" with her. She is also pretty bossy to her friends! We are working on that.

Nora is trying to figure out this whole "baby/big sister" thing. When we went to the airport a few weeks ago, I let her play with Dora's baby brother and sister toys, and caught her trying to push them into her belly:

She's still confused, but we read books about it daily so I think she will figure it out eventually. :)

That's about it for now! Until next time . . .

No comments: