Monday, June 13, 2011

From baby to big girl - all in one week!

My Nora girl had such a big week last week!

It started on Monday. I decided that Nora and I were both ready for her to give up her beloved binky. It was now or never. It would be difficult, but we could DO it together!

I had two binkies ready with the tips cut off in case she threw a fit (so I could show her that they were "broken"). When bedtime came, I just told her "no binky". She threw herself down on the floor for about a minute, then she got up . . . and that was really the end of it! No tears, no other fits! She asked for the binky all week, but by the end of the week she was telling me (with a big, proud-of-myself smile) "no binky!". I still cannot believe how easy that was. I am so proud of how great she handled it!

SO - since we did so well on that, this weekend I had Cory set up the toddler bed. Nora has a convertible bed that changes from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a full-size bed. Before we took the binky away I had been thinking that Nora was ready for the toddler bed - the girl is such a good sleeper, and I knew we weren't going to have to even deal with her getting up because she would lay in bed FOREVER if I let her. So we went ahead and did that too - and again she did great! She looooooves her "new bed!" I took some pictures of us setting it up:
Nora laying on what I told her was her "new bed". :) lol


Helping Daddy set it up.


Trying it out!


Happy to have a "new bed".


Also this past week we went to a festival in my hometown. We knew we would only be able to stay for a little bit, so we made the most of it! Nora rode her first carnival ride - the "cars" that go around in a circle and make that strange beeping sound. (Do you know what I am talking about?? I seriously think I rode on these exact same cars as a kid.) Anyway, Nora ended up riding them three times, and had a BLAST!!! It was a great way to reward her for being such a big girl all week.

First timer!


Still lots of fun!


Next up for Nora - underwear maybe??!! Lol . . . She is ready I think, but Cory disagrees with me. I kind of want to keep the momentum going though! ;)

Anyway, until next time . . .

No comments: