Thursday, April 14, 2011

Valpo

So we took another trip this weekend. This time it was a road trip to Valparaiso, IN to visit some of Cory's side of our family. My mother-in-law (MIL), Nora, and I headed up for an extended weekend to help them unpack and to do some shopping. It was a LOT of fun! We were also blessed with amazing weather. Nora did pretty well on the car ride up. She was a little restless towards the end, but that is likely because this was by far the longest she has been in a car! She watched some movies and played with her (new) baby doll and bottles. When we arrived we ate out at Red Robin with Cory's aunt, uncle, and cousins and then got the tour of their AWESOME NEW HOUSE! Saturday we helped unpack boxes while Nora and her cousins played. After Nora's nap in the afternoon, the girls had a water balloon fight. Nora just did not know what to think of it! She hardly got wet at all and hid by my leg the whole time. What a goof! She sure did enjoy playing with her cousins though! They patiently helped her go up the stairs . . . and down the stairs . . . and up the stairs . . . and whaddya-mean-you-wanna-go-DOWN-again?? Nora just had to practice the stairs while we were there.
Love this picture! :)

Sunday night we had cupcakes for my MIL's birthday. Nora thought we were all singing Happy Birthday to her. :) Monday we shopped at an AMAZING outlet mall!! It had sooooo many good stores . . . Nora kept us all entertained by dancing around in the stores and charming all the ladies who were shopping.

On the way home, Nora did AMAZING in the car. (I think 6 hours is her limit though.) She played by herself for about an hour and a half, then watched movies on a borrowed DVD player the rest of the way home. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner and she enjoyed that a lot!

It was a seriously fun trip! I just wish I had felt better - my allergies were starting to act up and I slept SOOOOOO badly, which made me a tired, cranky grouch by Monday. BUT - I made some good purchases, and got a lot of nice hand-me-downs from Cory's aunt (THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!) I am so happy that we went up there - what a nice trip!

Until next time . . .

No comments: