Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nora's Big Girl Room!: Part One

Can I tell you a secret? Nora is turning FOUR this year. Seriously. She's practically in college already. *SOB*

Nora's room is still pretty "nursery-like". The rocking chair, changing pad/table, and diaper pail are gone, but the decor is still "baby". When I decorated this room, I had no idea who the little person was that it was being decorated for - or even if it would be a boy or girl! Now that we have had four years to get to know this beautiful, smart, creative, and exhausting child - it's time for a change. ;)

Before I dismantle the room, I thought it would be a great idea to show how Nora's room has "morphed" over the past four years. It still is nursery-like, but we made changes as necessary of course! I did a post on Nora's newborn nursery that you can see here. But this is what it looks like now!:

Nora's toddler bed, and the makeshift "house" I made her one day out of a sheet and a curtain rod that for some reason never went away. You can also see her train table.

The view walking in the door. You can see the book sling I made her long ago, that she has wayyyyy too many books for!

Her old changing table, that now houses "Fish Is Fish" (her fish). Also her not-very-old toy bookcase, that never looks like this! ;)

Another view of her old changing table. Here you can see her Pottery Barn magazine rack, that I intend to utilize much more in her new room design.

The view looking back. You can see her new magnet board and the wall hanging that has been there since she was born. *SNIFF.*

Another view of the magnet board and the growth chart that her Great-Grandma Pat made her.

Another view of the wall hanging.

I must admit: as I snapped these photos, I got a little teary. This room represents who Nora was as a baby very well - but she's just not that baby anymore! She's grown so much, and changed into this beautiful wonderful little girl. Her new room WILL represent that! Change is good of course, but I'm sad that this room has to change already. Didn't I just bring her home from the hospital yesterday??!! No? . . . Hmmmmm.

Nora's birthday wish this year is a "blue room and a big girl bed". That's where we will begin!

Until next time . . .

No comments: