Sunday, February 19, 2012

Two New Projects - A Bag and Another Sign

So I was "sick" this weekend. Actually it was kind of strange because I was only really sick for about five lethargic hours, and the rest of the time I felt pretty crappy, but well enough to get up and do some things. Like shop - for not only groceries, but a self-healing cutting mat and a rotary cutter. :)

Cutting mat and rotary cutter - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!?!?!! Cutting fabric was so easy, I was actually in shock and had to sit down afterward. I had enough time to not only cut fabric, but sit down afterward. That never happens.

Anyway, having fabric cut almost to exact right angles gave me the courage to try a harder sewing project. I am sure most of you on Pinterest have seen this pin. I was actually thinking of doing this in my bathroom with fabric storage baskets I saw that you could purchase online, but I decided recently to just try to sew some instead:

I made the bag in just an hour with a drawstring bag tutorial I found online (so that way if I ever want to, I can take it off the hoop, and just thread a ribbon through the holes to use it as a drawstring bag.) I think it turned out pretty cute! I am going to get an embroidery hoop for it this week and hang it from the towel bar in our bathroom to catch Nora's hair stuff.

I also made this sign because baseball season is right around the corner, plus I like the quote:

I haven't gotten out my spring decor yet, but when I do this stays! Baseballllllllllllllll . . . :)

I swear - I really was sick this weekend!

Until next time . . .

No comments: