Monday, December 12, 2011

Dare to DIY Week Five

Dare to DIY
Dare to ... deck the halls!
Make something new to deck your halls. Did you find something in a catalog that you wish you had? Wreaths, stockings, pillows or advent calendars? Make it! Inspire us all to do the same.

Recently someone I know posted this:

on her Pinterest page. I don't think I actually repinned it, but I remember thinking "I could do that." And for about a month now, I have been meaning to do it for this specific week of the DIY Challenge . . .

. . . and I didn't get it done. I am such a slacker this year! BUT, I did start it:

I am still messing around with bending it just right (which will be easier when the beads are done) but this is the general gist of it. I plan on finishing it up today or tomorrow. But since it was my 30th birthday this weekend, plus all the Christmas stuff going on, I just haven't had the time to finish it up.

So check back this week for the finished product. :) I want it done tonight or tomorrow, but who knows. It's a busy week.

. . . And . . . OK, I may have intentionally skipped over the part where I said it was my 30th Birthday. Yes, it was. I am 30. And it feels a lot like 29. :) I had a wonderful weekend - my husband threw me a party on Friday, and Saturday was a family reunion and then we went out with some friends, and then Sunday was shopping all day with my MIL. I am pooped!!

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Happy 30th!!! How exciting!

I like your project. No rush. Can't wait to see it all finished!