Thursday, September 22, 2011

I could not resist . . .

This week on Pinterest, I happened to see this photo:


(Source)

If you look closely, the skeleton bodies are the student's names in cursive. I LOVED THIS IDEA! But since I am not a teacher anymore (and even when I was I had no students that could write in cursive anyway) I decided to create a few of these on my own for some whimsical Halloween decor:




It was one of those projects you just can't resist doing - especially when you have absolutely everything on hand except for the canvases to mount them on. :) Plus I was happy I finally got to use up some of the mountain of card stock that I have!! I am all about the paper projects.

The creative bug bit me numerous times today because I also made Nora something that I think she will freak out over:

That's right: it's a very simple "Handy Dandy Notebook" (that Nora refers to as a "Supery-Dupery Handy Dandy Notebook"). She's a little obsessed with Blue's Clues right now. I think this will go over VERY WELL. Well enough to be worth the 5 minutes it took to make this anyway! :)

Look for Nora's most recent update this week! Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love this idea so so so much. And now I want to do it. =) Thanks for sharing!